lørdag 19. januar 2008

From Zanzibar to Nairobi, from Nairobi to Kampala in 3days

At the first of January we went to Nairobi, for a camp and “infield”. But as the situation was in Nairobi we couldn’t stay there, so the camp was called off, and “Infield” was moved to Kampala instead. But since we didn’t get to know this before the 2.jan, we stayed 2 nights at “The Norwegian School” in Nairobi, owned by NMS. (Norwegian Missionary Society)
Inside this area we felt really safe, but as the situation was, we couldn’t stay there for more than 2 nights. We had a good time at “The Norwegian School”; we took a swim in the pool, sunbathing, played at the playing ground, exploring different things inside the area, reading books and magazines and just had a good time there with the other Hald students there.


At the 3.january we got up at 5AM, and left for the airport at 6AM, but our plain didn’t go before 6PM! Oh yes, 12hours of waiting at the airport in Nairobi, really fun.:-) We had to go there early because of some political demonstrations that were going to take place that day. For me, I thought it was okay to wait for 12 hours; I read books, played some games, talked to the other students, went window shopping and just relax.
When we arrived at Entebbe airport in Uganda, we got our VISAs and went to get our bags… I waited and waited, and soon there was no luggage left! Okay, I thought to myself, so I went to ask about my luggage that didn’t come, but they couldn’t help me… My bag was lost! So after some forms were filled out, we found some taxis and went home a few kilos lighter than before… (My 10kg bag was lost!)
(Just some updated information about this; my luggage was found in Nairobi after the “incheck”- lady forgotten to put a tag on my bag. I got it back at 15.jan, and I was just SO happy! I finally have clothes!:-D)

3 kommentarer:

Johannes sa...

Stand on Inger Johanne!

Prince Williams Mawanda sa...

wow! wat an experience but am relly glad that u finally got yo luggage back

Anonym sa...

hehe, ikke-finne-kofferten-scenarioet har jeg vært borti før. skumle greier, men det løser seg som oftest :)